Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Macrame Bracelets

I showed the girls how to make macrame bracelets today in class.  They had a blast!   Each girl wanted to make tons of them, but I only had enough cotton cord for so many.    Here is a small selection made by my busy 8 year old's. 

I was 11 years of age when my friend showed me how to make them.   Back then there weren't very many color selections of cord, just a basic tan, dark brown, and white, oh~I remember an olive green color also.    There used to be a cool store downtown that sold all kinds and sizes of beads...I recall some little tiny square wooden ones...I loved those!    I would curl up beside by bed and work on knotting the cord so carefully.    I probably made at least 4 or 5 bracelets.   I'm sure I had some big ideas about selling them for profit..but that idea quickly faded into the background...when I discovered a new hobby.. I remember it was making sun catchers and string art projects.      Remember when string art was a hit?   And just now I'm thinking of some fads that were "hits" as well.

Pet rocks.      Now my mind has gone blank again.   So, how many of you remember some of the fads back in the mid-70's to early 80's??    We're you the kind of kid that just had to have the latest greatest gadget or whatever it was?      I'm just curious.   :O)   ~Mary~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails