Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard
Ingredients: 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast (4 ounces each)
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 Cup milk
1 Cup vegetable oil for frying
1/2 Cup honey
1/4 Cup Mustard
* Cut the chicken into 1/2 x 2 inch strips. For honey mustard sauce, blend honey and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
* Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk. Roll in flour mixture to coat well. Place chicken on waxed paper.
* Pour 1/4 inch oil in a large heavy skillet. Heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees or until a cube of white bread dropped in oil browns evenly in 1 minute.
* Divide chicken into batches. Place chicken in an even layer in hot oil. Fry, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
* Variation* Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne to the flour and use 1 cup apple jelly mixed with 1/2 teaspoon mustard for a new dipping sauce.